Me and Dina...twin-kies...this picture was taken in Durango at Parque Guadiana.
Due to lack of fund-age, Dina and I are on our own special little "Out-reach" phase. Our team left us yesterday to go to Argentina to complete their "Out-reach" phase. We got to go to the airport to see Chloe, Amber, Katelyn, and Oby off...it wasn't too bad saying bye to them. It was when Isai came to say goodbye to us that the water works more or less started.....we were supposed to be traveling with Isai....
This morning we were totally blessed to get to go to church in Dina's home church. I feel totally at home with these people and it was nice to be in a familiar place...This morning they had an extra special service for the end of the year. It started off with about an hour of praise and worship, then an hour of preaching, then an hour of special presentations....by then I thought they were going point to the back and say "HEY YOU! In the back! Yeah, YOU. You look like you want to say something, how bout you come up here and sing or dance or clap or something...."
In this pic some of the youth came up to sing a special....that's Azael on the drums...and Dina's dad grooving to the music in the back.This evening we were supposed to do a service at a different church, but that got canceled.
We did, however, have a bit of fun already....Esther got locked out of her room and we had to break in....Apparently Esther didn't know her door was locked when she exited. First we tried to climb over in the bathroom....exciting times.
Now Dina and I are being complete internet junkies. We had fun talking to Pavel on SKYPE while he looked through our pictures from Durango (online). We also called my grandpa and Dina talked to him in Spanish.
On January 2 we leave for Galeana. So for now we are enjoying our last few moments on the internet before we head to do massive amounts of teaching, preaching and freezing up in the mountains, where we won't have any internet for two weeks....I know what will we do?!? Actually its not so bad, not being connected. Lots of fun things happen, always. After we get back done from Galeana, I am not sure what we are doing, but we are going some where else for two weeks.
And thus has been the second part of our out-reach so far. You are thrilled, I know.
2 comments:
I'm glad you were able to make the most of a icky situation! I know God was with you no matter where you spent your time for the 2nd phase... Miss you my friend. Much love to you!
Miss you pal! Sending mucho love your way!
Post a Comment