“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,
declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways and
my thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9
Oh God, I want to know your thoughts. I want to know your ways. Teach me them. I want to think like you think. I want to walk the way you have planned for me. In every situation and circumstance in my life, let me think like you. God let your presence rest over my mind today. Let me hear your thoughts! Open my ears to hear you. I want to hear you. Open my eyes to see you. I want to see you. I want to KNOW you. Teach me your ways!!! Teach me them so that I can walk in them all the days of my life. Let me hear your thoughts. I surrender mine to yours today. I surrender my plans, my hopes, my dreams, and the way I think about them all, to you, and you alone.
Be glorified in me.
Be glorified in me.
****update****
After posting this, I found myself reading in Philippians,
in The Message version,
chapter 2 verses 5-8:
in The Message version,
chapter 2 verses 5-8:
Think of yourselves the way Christ Jesus thought of himself. He had equal status with God but didn't think so much of himself that he had to cling to the advantages of that status no matter what. Not at all. When the time came, he set aside the privileges of deity and took on the status of a slave, became human!Having become human, he stayed human. It was an incredibly humbling process. He didn't claim special privileges. Instead, he lived a selfless, obedient life and then died a selfless, obedient death—and the worst kind of death at that—a crucifixion.
God, You're a funny guy.
Thank you.
Show me,
Teach me,
More.
I love you.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment