Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Librarian for a Day

Yesterday, I had the unique opportunity to be a library aid. I say unique because Aid positions pay less than teaching ones, so I don't take Aid positions. This one, however, was put in the system as a regular teaching job, by accident. It's too bad librarians don't get paid more....I really enjoyed myself...checking in books, checking out books, putting books away. Hardly a dull moment with kids coming and going, and going and coming. :)

Today, I'm at an intermediate school...5th and 6th graders. :) The day is just starting, and already they have me filling in other classes while the class I'm supposed to be with is at their P.E./fine arts specials. No nice morning break for me today, but it's all good. These fifth graders are really quite studious.

I'm excited to be working with kids this age as I look forward to teaching 5th graders this fall.
Now if I could just get rid of this congestion in my head/throat/chest I have going on........

No comments: