I have been feeling like it's time to blog something again. I think the feeling comes mostly from the fact that the 2nd anniversary of when I lost my job in Mexico was this past week. I really thought I had a lot of good stuff to say about it, until I realized I blogged about it last year, too. (If you scroll down a little ways, you'll find it....)
So, blogging about it again, well, that's just lame.
Or is it?
At times, I must admit, my heart still aches for the life and people I left in Mexico. I still don't understand why things had to happen the way they did. But that's ok. I don't have to understand it completely, or at all. I just have to trust.
As I have been reflecting this week on the past two years, one verse keeps coming to mind.
2Timothy 4:2 (Amplified)
"Herald and preach the Word! Keep your sense of urgency [stand by, be at hand and ready], whether the opportunity seems to be favorable or unfavorable. [Whether it is convenient or inconvenient, whether it is welcome or unwelcome, you as preacher of the Word are to show people in what way their lives are wrong.] And convince them, rebuking and correcting, warning and urging and encouraging them, being unflagging and inexhaustible in patience and teaching."
I think when I lost my job, the opportunity for change, and to go home wasn't favorable to me, or convenient or even welcome. I didn't want it. I endured a lot of heart ache because of my stubbornness and unwillingness to let God take me in a different direction.
Things happen. Things change. Sometimes, they're good. Sometimes, we have a difficult time seeing how they could possibly be any good. But through it all, we have to keep trusting our awesome life-planner, who really does know what He's doing! 'Cause, after all, He does work all things for GOOD because we love him.
God, help us to be prepared for when you bring change. Help us to see, and seize every opportunity you give us, whether or not we can see it as favorable or convenient. Help me to trust You more in every area little and big in my life. You are a good God. There is none like you.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment