Sunday, February 20, 2011

C2 5k Day 1

My treadmill is broken. It's a very sad thing. I love my treadmill. I prefer to run in the privacy of my home as opposed to on the street or the gym. But alas, it's broken, and has been for quite some time. The good news though, is I have the part! I just need help fixing it.

Broken treadmill or not, I'm not going to let that stop me from my newest exercise goal routine. :)

Have you heard of the recent fad Couch to 5k? I actually heard about it over a year and a half ago, but never paid much attention to it.

For those that don't know, it's a 9 week program that gets you moving and running at least 3 times a week until you reach the goal of running 5k. It's really pretty cool. You can go out to iTunes and download free podcasts for each week. There's a narrator that tells you when to walk and when to run.

Today was my first day trying it. I was able to run 5 of the 8 one minute segments of running. It's not that great, I guess, for some, but for this couch potato who has been horrible in eating and exercise habits, I feel awesome about it. I know that by the end of this week I'll be able to run all 8 one minute segments without a problem.

My mental mantra this morning: I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Jehovah Jirah my provider, He provides the strength I need to see this through to completion!

God is so good.

No comments: